Highlighted

Premiere Elements title rectangle

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I am using Premiere Elements for almost 2 Years, but now i have a problem that i cant figure out.

I want to draw a rectangle, which is invisible, but with a visible surrounding.

How the hack can I do so?

Thanks a lot,

Leopold

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Grisetti | Adobe Community Professional

It helps if we know what version of the program you're using.

But, assuming you're on version 15, go to the Text menu and start a new title. In the Title Adjustments panel, go to the Shapes tab and select and draw a rectangle.

Here's the trick from my book and our friends at Muvipix.com. With the rectangle selected, go to the Style tab and apply a text style to the rectangle that includes an outline (or stroke). Then go back to the Shapes tab and click the Color button to open the Color Properties panel.

On the Color Properties panel, set your fill color to no color (the slash above and right of the color picker) and the stroke to whatever color you want your outline to be.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Elements title rectangle

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I am using Premiere Elements for almost 2 Years, but now i have a problem that i cant figure out.

I want to draw a rectangle, which is invisible, but with a visible surrounding.

How the hack can I do so?

Thanks a lot,

Leopold

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Grisetti | Adobe Community Professional

But, assuming you're on version 15, go to the Text menu and start a new title. In the Title Adjustments panel, go to the Shapes tab and select and draw a rectangle.

Here's the trick from my book and our friends at Muvipix.com. With the rectangle selected, go to the Style tab and apply a text style to the rectangle that includes an outline (or stroke). Then go back to the Shapes tab and click the Color button to open the Color Properties panel.

On the Color Properties panel, set your fill color to no color (the slash above and right of the color picker) and the stroke to whatever color you want your outline to be.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 30, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2017 2
Luitbald LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

You saved my life!

Well, at least my vacation job.

I am using version 10, so I am not up to date.

But at least it works and your hint solved the problem.

Thanks a lot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2017 0