• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PREMIERE ELEMENTS USELESS WITH HEVC!!

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above Premiere Elements is simply too S L O W working with HEVC video, I have a powerful Windows 10 computer with maxed out memory, I have the installed HEVC codec and cleared cache, you can`t play back HEVC video, even if you render first, stop start, useless, to be of any use you should`nt have to render first, it`s no good trumpeting this feature unless it works, the video I was using was from iPhone 11 pro....I would like to think that Adobe will sort this out as PE is so good, ALSO where is support for BLUE RAY!... The only video this program is ok with currently is standard video/dvd.!!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue, though I think it might be a bug.  For some reason the process blows up and goes crazy reading the source file over and over again, completely hogging the hard drive.  For me it starts out okay, but if I move the current frame / seek indicator across the timeline too quickly something blows up and the preview basically dies until I completely restart the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I think Adobe has tried to add a `headline grabbing` feature without
properly making HEVC properly functional, sad to say, let`s hope they go to
work on it so that people who have purchased 2020 for this feature haven`t
wasted their money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  I've since discovered the HEVC codec is only stable when the project frame rate matches the source file.  Seeking through HEVC source video recorded at 60, 120, or 240 fps on a 30 fps project timeline destabilizes the rendering process pretty quickly on my PC.  This bug makes rendering HEVC slow-motion impossible.  GoPro Hero 7 Black records 240fps video in HEVC.  Similar issue with slowmo video imported from newer phones.  The only way to work with such video in APE on windows is re-encode it as h264 with Handbrake or FFmpeg before import (a tedious time consuming step).  😞  4K HEVC video is also uselessly sluggish without pre-rendering, though it doesn't seem to completely hang the codec like slowmo does.

I'm going to get a refund and go back to using PE 2018 for now.  Might upgrade when I know for certain there is reliable HEVC support in Windows OS.  If it's never going to happen I might just bite the bullet and get a Premiere Pro subscription.  It's just that $20/mo is a lot to shell out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pr.Pro has the same issues with HEVC.

Those files are too compressed to edit in real time: convert or use proxies in Pr.Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines