• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements wont render any project timelines

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements will not render any clips for me. I have set the work area and tried clips imported from multiple sources and cameras without any sucess. 

If I click the render button it just starts playing the video timeline. With multiple clips on the timeline its playing at like 1fps so basically not usable.

Just purchased this software but cant edit any videos with this issue. Hopefully someone has a simple solution.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most routine video clips do not need timeline rendering.   In order to figure this out, more information is needed about your computer, the source of the video clips and how you are setting up the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The computer is an i7-6800 2.6ghz, 16gb ram, gtx 960m with a SSD.

The video clips are from Gopro5's and Sony ZIESS DSC-HX80 recorded 1080p @ 60fps

I have not done anything to setup the project. Installed the software imported clips and attempted to edit. What would you recomend I try to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your computer looks very capable.  Is there a yellow/orange stripe above the timeline?  

Although this may seem odd, but the Audio Hardware preferences can get tangled.  Would you check to see if Default Audio Input is set to "None"?   

What are the project settings?  Did you set them manually or let PrE do it automatically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no yellow/orange or any color stripe above the timeline.

The defualt audio input is set to "No Input"

The project settings are all defualt. All Project settings are greyed out and not editable except for Display format and thats set to "60fps Drop-Frame Timecode"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you please try a new, limited project.   Use one clip from the Sony.   Be sure the clip is on your SSD.  After adding the single clip to the media collection, drag it to the timeline.  What happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After dragging a clip onto the timeline nothing happens. Screenshot attached what I see after dragging a clip onto the timeline. 

The software never attempts to render the video playback for timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Mat5CF8 

What issue exactly are you facing?

1. Are you unable to edit the video?

2. Are you facing any issues while playback?

3. or it is just the render button is not doing the rendering?: As I can see in the attached screenshot: apnh1.PNG.There is no red line on the timeline that means your video doesn't require rendering and it should play smoothly.

Please attach a recording video/link here. It will help us  to understand the issue exactly.

Thanks, Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is going on is not at all normal.  

Since you just purchased this software, you have online support available.  Adobe techs can remotely trouble shoot better than I can.  To start the chat, pick "Online Support" from the Help menu.  It takes you to a web page.  There is a floating shortcut button for starting a 'chat' in the lower right corner.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no floating shortcut button for starting a chat. Screenshot attached.

Do you have a direct link? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing what you mean by "render the timeline" is different than what I think it means.   

Your screen shot is normal.  It shows the video clip is placed where it should be.   It shows that the "Display Thumbnails" is off.   

What happens when you press the play button?  Do you see it play in the preview monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A relatively quick and free overview of how this works is in a free YouTube video.  It may make things more clear than I can.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t5irSeJgyg&t=2s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on only the screenshot of your timeline, I have to guess that online support is not needed.  Instead there is a mismatch of what you expect the sofware to do and what it does.   Please consider the short YouTube course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what "Display Thumbnails" are. Thats not the issue.

If I add multiple clips to the timeline it will never render these clips. So playback of the timeline gets slower and slower with each additonal clip added. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a right click in the gray area left of the timeline.  Pick a choice to put thumbnails in your timeline.  

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has nothing to do with my issue at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is no red or yellow bar over the clip it means your machine should be capable of real time playback but as its heavily compressed footage it is most likely struggling.

The only way the get Elments to render is to add an adjustment layer with an non-gpu accelerated effect such as Bevel Edges (set effect to 0). This will produce a yellow line and you will be able to render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"So playback of the timeline gets slower and slower with each additonal clip added. "

Then you may need an online support chat.   

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines