• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Timeline Render and the Enter Button...

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To start, I am using Premiere Elements 2018 with Windows 10.

I am a newbie and just learning how to use this program. Playing around with text boxes in the timeline, I am experiencing an issue with clips rendering as I hit the enter button. Specifically, when I forget to use the "wrap" option on the text (and even sometimes when I could swear that I used the wrap option), hitting enter to wrap text renders the clip before I've finished it. Once a clip is rendered it cannot be edited anymore, correct? It seems in the keyboard customization I have no way of disengaging the enter button so I do not render prematurely. Is throwing out those clips and starting over my ONLY option?

Thanks to all who answer!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enter renders the timeline. You are correct there.

To create a line break in a title, use Shift+Enter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Can we stop/disengage enter key from rendering?

2. What happens if we press escape/cancel just before it reaches 100%? If no in-out are selected, will it render whole/current clip or whole sequence?
3. As OP suggested, if we happen to render a clip, can it no longer be edited?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course you can continue to edit your clips after the timeline is rendered. Rendering it merely creates a hard preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering my 3rd/last query.

Now 1 and 2 are pending 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1.  I don't think so.  But why would you want to?

2.  I don't know.  Try it!  Remember the only "rendering" being done at this point is to make previews flow smoother.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines