• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets for PE 12 while importing photos from an iPhone 6

Participant ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently went on a trip and took most of my pictures with my iPhone 6 and prior to that I was using a Nikon Cool Pix S 9100 for my projects.  My preset setting that I always used was NTSC DSLR 1080 P 30 @ 29.97  My photos that I would import to my timeline were 5x7 with a resolution of 150. That seemed to have worked well with all of my projects. I am trying the same settings with these iPhone pictures and they are not sizing correctly on my timeline. When I want to size the photo to fill the frame I am losing the top and bottom of the photos. What am I doing wrong? Is it my preset setting or the sizing of my photos to enter into my timeline. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Because TV screens are 1920x1080, projects are most commonly in a matching 16x9 ratio.  Unless your iPhone settings match, you will have to crop or adjust them somehow to fit the project and, ultimately the viewing screen. 

My preference is to do the cropping in a photo app.  Lightroom is my favorite.  I set the frame to 16x9 and do a best fit with the image.  Then I put the image into Premiere Elements. 

The math: 

16 divided by 9 equals 1.78

1920 divided by 1080 equals 1.78

Looking up the iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because TV screens are 1920x1080, projects are most commonly in a matching 16x9 ratio.  Unless your iPhone settings match, you will have to crop or adjust them somehow to fit the project and, ultimately the viewing screen. 

My preference is to do the cropping in a photo app.  Lightroom is my favorite.  I set the frame to 16x9 and do a best fit with the image.  Then I put the image into Premiere Elements. 

The math: 

16 divided by 9 equals 1.78

1920 divided by 1080 equals 1.78

Looking up the iPhone 6, I think it takes pictures 4032 pixels by 3024 pixels. 

4032 divided by 3024 equals 1.33

So, the iPhone rectangle does not fit the standard TV screen rectangle and cropping is required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for that input I will give it a try but my next question is what should presets should I chose when I start this project. Can I keep it at the NTSC DSLR 1080 P 30 @ 29.97 or should I chose something different. Thanks once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines