Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview is not working: Adobe Premiere Elements 2018

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing a problem with Adobe Premiere Elements 2018.

Adobe's customer service suggests writing a post - so I hope that this means that I will hear back from them. I have gone through most of the discussions about same problem on this forum and unfortunately none of them provided me with a solution to fix my issue.

What information would I need to give in order to receive help?

Thank you,

Filip

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you could start with what you're doing and what's happening when you do it. And what you want it to do.

The more information you can include (your operating system, your processor, your RAM load, etc.) the more likely we can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve,

I've been using Elements for work for around a month. It was working all fine but one day the preview stopped working. Since then I can not see the video after pressing play in the preview. Also, when I try to quit the software it crashes. The rest works fine - I can render things, edit them on the timeline - but it's just that I can't preview them and play them. This makes it impossible to edit videos.

You can find my PC specs below.

pc specs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on what you've posted, your computer has somehow changed.  The software didn't.  A first guess is that with only the minimum of RAM, something has started running in the background and using needed RAM that Premiere Elements needs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I can not see the video after pressing play in the preview.

What DO you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot of adobe.png

I can move the slider -once moved it will change the frame/picture on the preview but it won't play it. Step forward/backward is working fine but fast forward isn't. So after I press 'Play' i can not longer use step forward/back. Same with fast forward/rewind - once i press it (nothing happens of course) i can no longer use step forward/back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could well be that your system is overwhelmed. You're not likely running into this problem when you start a new project with just a few clips in it, right?

How long is this project?

It also appears to be very graphics heavy. Are all of your graphics sized to no larger than 2500x1875 pixels (at 72 ppi)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not likely running into this problem when you start a new project with just a few clips in it, right?

How long is this project?

It also appears to be very graphics heavy. Are all of your graphics sized to no larger than 2500x1875 pixels (at 72 ppi)?

Well, so even if I start a new project - it also freezes.

It's 5-6 minutes long.

The problem is that it works fine with other work PC that has the same specs - only my laptop is freezing, the other one, literally the same is not.

It can't be disc space - I have 399gbs free...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know. There's obviously something up with your laptop.

I assume you've defragmented your laptop. Sometimes lots of small fragments of files can keep programs from grabbing big chunks.

But if basic maintenance (deleting junk files and defragmenting) doesn't fix it, I've no idea what to recommend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines