• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview mode jerks in fits and stops even after rendered

Engaged ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to understand why my slideshow projects, that contain 8 or 9 images with simple transitions, background music and narration tracks and a few keyframed lines of text preview so erratically.

I have a Surface Book

Windows 10 Pro

v 1607

OS Build 14393.1715

Intel Core i7-6600U CPU @2.60GHz 2.81

16 GB RAM

64-bit OS, x64-based processor

Intel HD graphics 520

NVIDIA GeForce GPU

475 BG SSD 191 free

That uses a secure UEFI, not a BIOS.

I've installed a trial version of PowerDirector to see if it previews projects the same way.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mikecox_  wrote

I have been trying to understand why my slideshow projects, that contain 8 or 9 images with simple transitions, background music and narration tracks and a few keyframed lines of text preview so erratically.

I don't know how to help you.  My computer is not as new as yours and my previews are smooth.  Perhaps you can provide more about the image files.  There are also some settings in Edit>Preferences>General you can experiment with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a fairly typical response.  Steve Grisetti said the same thing re his computer not being as old as mine. Not sure what more you need re image file information, except to say they are jpg, 8" on the long side with a 300ppi resolution, that Steve says shouldn't be a problem.

I have experimented with General settings but haven't it on anything that helps. 

I have often wondered if I changing the paths in the Scatch disk settings would help but no one has ever suggested it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mikecox_  wrote

That is a fairly typical response. 

I'm sorry I can't help you. 

FWIW, I had so much trouble with Sony Vegas software, I switched to PrE and never had an issue.  Sometimes our computers need a fresh start.  Maybe PowerDirector will give you a more pleasant experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, let's see if re-installing the OS helps because I beginning to think it's PrE, or Lr or Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines