• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem adding high FPS video to project

Participant ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Premiere Elements 2019 works very well except for one problem and that is that it will not load GoPro video at the highest FPS rate.  I can add 1080 at speeds up to 120 fps and 4K at speeds up to 30 fps but when I try to add 1080 shot at 240 fps or 4K shot at 60 fps it will not add it and says something about not having the right codec.  My computer is very capable of handling it as it has an AMD Ryzen 7, 2700X, 8Core 3.7GHZ, 32 GB RAM, a XFX Radeon RX 570 w/ 8 GB Ram.  Operating Windows 10 home 64bit.  I've also downloaded and installed the HEVC Codec per the adobe instructions for people having problems with the Premeiere Elements 2020.  I can view the files with VLC, but not slow them down for a slow motion effect, so the files are there and accessible.  I would really appreciate some assistance with this.  Incidentally, I recently built my computer and brought the software over on the SSD in my old computer, but all other hardware is brand new a few weeks ago.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

I don't have a GoPro, but recall reading that the highest frame rate requires HEVC/H.265 recording.  Adobe did not add the capability to edit that codec until the 2020 version released last October.  Installing the codec does not enable that capability in any earlier version, including 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a GoPro, but recall reading that the highest frame rate requires HEVC/H.265 recording.  Adobe did not add the capability to edit that codec until the 2020 version released last October.  Installing the codec does not enable that capability in any earlier version, including 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is correct.  I forgot about that, so I went to a page where they are compared and that is the problem.  I guess I'll either have to upgrade or not have that capability.  Thanks for paying attention and answering the question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines