• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem exporting a video

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having problems exporting a video in elements 2021. When I select the 'Disc' option and then down in the dialogue box select Disc instead of ISO Images, on selecting the DVD drive (external), I get the message 'No burners detected'. Is my DVD drive faulty? I can read other dvds perfectly.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't say which Premiere Elements you have or what operating system you use.  (On edit, I see you did give the version.  And, the assumption becomes that to see a burner at all, you are on Windows.)

DVD burners can be tricky.  Premiere Elements has to comunicate with the operating system, then that has to use the burner's driver for the connection to the burner itself.  Add to that the variety and quality of the blanks you buy.

My guess would be that during routine operating system security updates, the DVD driver lost functionality.  Try finding a fresh and current driver from the manufacturer.   

Mine stopped working after a Windows 10 update and I never could get it fixed.   I used it as an excuse to move on to better forms of sharing my videos that have higher image quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a test, create an ISO instead of going directly to disk, then use ImgBurn to write the ISO to disc

If that doesn't work, you have a problem with the drive and/or operating system

https://www.imgburn.com/ to write the ISO to disc (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program - DO be sure to uncheck anything you don't want from the download site) You may also use Imgburn for general backup of files or folders to disc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines