Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Importing 4k MP4 files.

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have video files from my DJI Phantom 4 pro that I have trimmed in Win10 photos and saved as an mp4. When playing the mp4 files there is no loss of detail  until I import them into premier elements 2019 for editing. I have tried changing the project import settings but this has not worked. I still get shimmering and loss of detail.

I am new to the world of video editing, which is one of the reasons I chose Elements over Premier Pro. I have had a good route around on the web and youtube, which pointed me to the project settings, but am now at a loss.

I know PE doesn't support .mov H265 but as the files are saved as mp4's i thought there maybe a way around this. 

Any suggestions?

Neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few things I would try:

-Use the free and highly regarded Handbrake program to convert the H.265 video clips to H.264 and do all the triming and editing in Premiere Elements.

-What you see during editing are "real time" previews that, depending on both footage and computer, may not be perfect quality.  When you output, the computer takes it's time to fully code the files.  In other words, output may be what you like.

-Is there a yellow bar above the timeline?  If so, it is telling you that the previews need "rendering".  Tap the Enter key to do so.  

-Try changing the Hardware Acceleration in settings from on to off or off to on.  

-Don't manually create your project settings.  Let Premiere Elements do it for you.  It does so when you slide the first clip to the timeline.  

-In the future, set your drone to shoot H.264 footage.

Good luck!  I hope my suggestions work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my tutorial showing how to convert to editable video using Handbrake, per Bill's suggestion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlvxgVREX-Y&t=51s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the reply. I have been working on this for 2 weeks!

I have already decided that altering the drone settings is the way to go for the time being!

For my hardware I am using a 2018 Alienware Laptop i7, 16gb Ram, 256 gb internal ssd, 512 gb external ssd conected by usbc. The graphics card is the GTX 1060. I thought this should be enough.

I have got hanbrake and have already tried to down res the 4k file. It did not look good on import or after rendering. 

I will go through the guide again.

Once again many thanks

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the advice guys.

I have done all the things you have sugested and have managed to get the video stiched and exported without any of the shimmering issues I was having. However....

When I put a logo for the estate my friends farm belongs to and a title screen I am back to square 1. The Jpeg file for the logo is from photoshop and the title is from the stock titles in premier elements so why this is hapening is beyond me.

I have been working on this for 2 weeks and have had enough. I hate the idea of shooting some really nice footage and not being able to share it but 2 weeks is way too much time for something I am not getting paid for. If I was being paid I would have tried Premier Pro!

I miss my mac.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines