• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem: Playback Speed Increased

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i'm running Premiere Elements 15, which i bought just yesterday. I was editing a video perfectly fine last night, I updated some of my mobo drivers today and now the project I started last night will only play at about x2 speed. I can't get it to slow down to normal speed. I haven't been able to find any hotkeys that changes the speed of play back.

I have tried restarting my computer and starting a brand new project but nothing I do fixes it. I have tried playing the video in VLC and it plays just fine.

I'm running Windows 10, intel i7-2600K @ 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Asus mobo.

Whatever information you need me to provide in order to solve this problem I will.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the source and specifications of the video footage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I won't be able to get a detailed answer to you until Monday but it's a 1080p 60fps MP4 video.

For source and spec can I just get that info from looking at it in premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely this video has a variable frame rate. That's how that type of video often manifests itself.

Video with variable frame rates is often from sources other than camcorders -- this would include FRAPS, SnagIt and other screen recording apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is from a non camera source. I streamed gameplay to YouTube, then downloaded the video from YouTube and was planning on editing it to then reupload to YouTube.

I can't see if the frame rate is variable right now so if you know if stuff from YouTube is then I need to know what the solution is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

curbyoursarcasm wrote:

It is from a non camera source. I streamed gameplay to YouTube, then downloaded the video from YouTube and was planning on editing it to then reupload to YouTube.

I can't see if the frame rate is variable right now so if you know if stuff from YouTube is then I need to know what the solution is.

Wow!  What an interesting procedure!

Without knowing anything about the format in the upload stream to YT and the download capture method, it will be hard to guess what to do.  If I were to guess, my first attempt would be to use Handbrake to "normalize" what you've downloaded. 

There may be some YT downloader programs that put YT's into a more editable form.

Interesting project!  Good luck with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got my curiosity up!  I have a program on my computer that I use for downloading YT's.  My understanding is that if it is for personal use and not for sharing, I am not breaking copyright agreements.  Specifically, if I find a YT tutorial I want to watch when I don't have internet (like on an airplane) I will put a copy on my computer.

The program I use is the free version of "YTD Video Downloader".   Be careful if you install it because it will add extras to your computer that you probably don't want.

Since I had a couple on my computer already, I opened a Premier Elements 15 project to see what would happen.  I added one of my tutorial copies and it works fine.   Perhaps YTD Video Downloader makes a more usable to Premier Elements MP4 file.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue. I am recording capture from Microsoft Lifecam (webcam) through Premiere Elements onto Windows 10 laptop. It seems to record ok (audio is from a Zoom H4N) except that there is a a yellow caution triangle and says "no device control. On playback the video is twice the speed of the audio, which sounds fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

curbyoursarcasm wrote:

I won't be able to get a detailed answer to you until Monday but it's a 1080p 60fps MP4 video.

For source and spec can I just get that info from looking at it in premiere?

Premier Elements will give only minimal file information.  It assumes that the source is a "normal" camera of some sort.  The usual way to look into video file details is with a shareware program called "Mediainfo".  Another program that maybe useful is "Handbrake".  If your footage does come from a non-camera source and has a variable frame rate, Handbrake may be able to convert it to something useable.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have almost the same problem with Elements 2019.  While editing the speed increases to about 2*the normal speed. This happens random and unpredictable.

Everything is fine for a while after I have saved the project and restartet the PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds to me like an issue with variable frame rate video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines