• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems Adding Clips In Premiere 13

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I was about to start editing a video, I tried to add the first clip but it gave me this message instead “the importer reported a generic error.

My two questions are: 1. What does this mean? and 2. How do I fix it?

Thanks In Advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 13 is getting pretty old.  Computers, operating systems and cameras have changed. 

Without more information, nobody can begin to guess.  Can you explain more about what you are doing, how you are doing it and what you are doing it with? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Bill. What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

If you are adding music, is this music from iTunes? iTunes music and video includes strict copy protection which will cause an error code when you try to use it in a video editing project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines