• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems when editing HEVC video clips with Premiere Elements 2020

Explorer ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I combine several HEVC video clips individually in the timeline, the transitions flicker for 2-3 seconds. Even if I cut out these parts, the flickering will reappear.
It can't be my equipment - the same clips work perfectly with Da Vinci Resolve and ShotCut.
Does anyone have an idea to solve the problem?
(Win 10; i-7 9700; 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA RTX 2080 S, SSD 1 TB)

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found a workaround - may be that helps for other users:
I converted the HEVC H.265 into HEVC H.264, using the converter VideoLAN VLC Media Player. But it is really a nonsense, to convert the original file into a lower quality... I hope still to get an answer for the real solution
Thanks and regards Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try checking that your Default Audio Hardware Input is set to none.   The wrong setting can slow down the processor.  Also try changing the preview quality settings.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply - however I can't figure out where I have to change the Default Audio Hardware Input. The preview settings do not solve the problem. When I render the project to a mp4 file, I still have the flickering transitions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I found the settings for the Default Autio Hardware Input - setting are already set to none by default. Preview quality settings are on "low quality".

But can you tell me why the automatic Premiere Elements 2020 uses the LIGHTROOM (Classic) cache folder and does not make an own Premiere Elements Cache folder? It's a brand new Computer with first installations!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines