Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with HEVC file

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a Win10 system with the HEVC codec installed but Premiere Elements doesn't open MOV files filmed with an iPhone XR.

Win10 plays correctly the files but I can't manage in making Premiere Elements (2019 version) doing it.

I have already deleted the cache...

Could you help me?

Thank you,

Iacopo.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

The ability to edit HEVC H.265 video was not added to Premiere Elements for Windows until version 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to edit HEVC H.265 video was not added to Premiere Elements for Windows until version 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the trial of 2020, still no joy working with HEVC H.265 video. 

HEVC problem.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know why you can not edit iPhone video in version 2020 if you have installed Microsoft's HEVC support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/hevc-decoding-on-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a strong Windows 10 computer, Premier Elements 2020 and have paid Microsoft the $.99 for the HEVC/H.265 codec.   I borrowed some H.265 footage to see what happens and I get the error messages too.  

Iacopo, if you could share a clip or two from your phone, I would like to try it.  Can you put a clip on DropBox for me?

Update edit:  I was sent an iPhone HEVC clip and it did work with with PrE 2020.  I have paid Microsoft for the $.99 HEVC codec and installed it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines