Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

processing video

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I have looked at other posts and it is all crazy tech language. Here is what should be a simple question! (and it used to work, but now it seems quirky).

I upload videos to render/process (not ususally long ones, but might be 5-8 minute videos to total neverm more than 20 min). It goes through it and when it is done it won't complete the process. I use premier elements 2018. I am not doing ANYTHING fancy-just want to stitch pieces together to save on my computer to be able to share and upload to youtube (real estate business). 

I haven't liked 2018 version-my prior version was simple and fine, but the problem has gotten worse recently and I can't even get a video completed.

Is there any help-I am sure I am not describing problem well, but I am not techy. shouldn't it be upload, process and done?

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The output process normally takes a lot of spare disk space to make intermediate files.  Based on your brief description my first guess is that your disk drive has become too full of files.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure I am not describing problem well, but I am not techy. shouldn't it be upload, process and done?

There may be a confusion of terms here.  Normally we understand "upload" to mean "upload a completed video to Youtube" (or similar).

A simple process would be: create a new project, insert video clips into timeline, possibly trim these clips etc, then export & upload the resulting completed video to YouTube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting any kind of message or does the program just freeze?

If you're getting a message, there could be something buggy on the timeline. Placing a stop marker, for instance, at the end of your movie can bug up a timeline.

If you're not getting a message and the program just stops, it's most likely a resource issue. Lack of free space on your hard drive or some other hardware issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

thanks for your responses! I am not sure about which might be best answer, but I appreciate all. I did try something that worked, and NOT sure why, I had always successfully saved my processed videos to a Dropbox folder and that was no issue until recently (?). So, I simply tried saving the processed video directly to a file on my computer (PC) rather than to Dropbox and it worked!  Maybe a problem with interface with Dropbox (I have ample storage left on Dropbox). I did try directly uploading to Youtube from the Export option, and it didn't seem to work-not sure why-that would have been the best for me.

Thank you all for your replies. Hope my experience helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you figured this one out, Capecod. Saving directly to Dropbox is by no means a standard workflow, and I don't think we'd have ever figured out that's what you were doing.

Please mark this question as correctly answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines