• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Product confusion

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always found Adobe quite confusing when using their website to find out information regards products, but I am thinking of upgrading one of my products and now I see Adobe have Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro.

Does this mean there will be no more Premiere Elements '16' and all is now Pro or are these 2 same products for video editing running along side each other?

What is the difference between the 2 regards editing facility?  I know the pricing is different.

If I come to the Adobe website it is all Premiere Pro and you need to search for Premiere Elements.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Adobe Premiere Elements 15 vs. Adobe Premiere Pro CC

That isn't a complete list, of course, but it will give you some idea.

And the author does get a few things wrong. Your license to Premiere Elements doesn't expire after a year. It's yours forever. And you can certainly distribute your videos in a lot of forms, including via BluRay and DVD, with Premiere Elements.

But it's a little like comparing a Honda Civic to NASCAR stock car. They're both cars and they both run on gasoline. And a Honda Civic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is a professional video editor. It is part of the Creative Cloud subscription set that includes all of Adobe's professional software.

Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements are designed for consumers (although they both may have all of the tools you'll ever need, unless you're editing professional video formats). They are a one-time-and-forever purchase.

The most recent versions of Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements are version 15 -- although Adobe has given no indication that it will not continue to develop these programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve but what can't I do with Premiere Elements 15 or possibly 16 that I can do with Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere Elements 15 vs. Adobe Premiere Pro CC

That isn't a complete list, of course, but it will give you some idea.

And the author does get a few things wrong. Your license to Premiere Elements doesn't expire after a year. It's yours forever. And you can certainly distribute your videos in a lot of forms, including via BluRay and DVD, with Premiere Elements.

But it's a little like comparing a Honda Civic to NASCAR stock car. They're both cars and they both run on gasoline. And a Honda Civic will likely get you any place you want to go. But, if you're going to be a racing professional, you need a lot of stuff that a basic commuter car doesn't have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines