• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program shutting down

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Elements 11 for several years now with no one problem.  And I was thinking about upgrading to Elements 15 when this happened. I started a new project and brought a video into the Project Assets box  -  but when I dragged the video from the Project Assets box down the timeline, here is what I got:

"Adobe Premiere Elements 11 has stopped working  -  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

Well  -  I have not been contacted by Windows, nor am I think they ever will contact me.

So what the heck is happening here guys!  I love this Adobe program but don't know what's going on. And good luck trying to contact Adobe for a few simple questions to make this thing work. It has to be something very simple because it was working like a Champ just the other day.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Too Much G Stuff

[Moved by moderator from the non-technical Lounge Forum to the Premiere Elements Forum for technical help]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first guess is that you have a corrupted file.   Can you start a new project and test with a different file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meantime, what model of camcorder is this video coming from? What format and resolution is the video file? How long is the video?

Is this the only video file that crashes the program or does every one crash it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first files we were trying to use was from a GoPro  -  But we also tried bringing in other video files from a variety of cameras we had used in the past and it is the same issue  -  Elements 11 shuts down  -  We feel it is what the first guy answered us with, a corrupted program file. So we are wondering if we upgrade to 15, if that would resolve the problem. We think it should, but I guess you will never know until you try it. correct?

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm the first guy and I meant corrupted video file.

GoPro footage is frequently an editing problem because it is in a "special" format.  Read here at gopro:  https://gopro.com/how-to-prepare-source-video-files-for-editing-windows-pc/

Do you have Quicktime on your computer?

You can get a fresh download of the old version 11 and install with your existing serial number.  Or, you can do a free trial of version 15 and see if it works for you.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you running windows 10?

I just get a flashback from what I read on forum before - and some Nvidia graphics drivers needed to be reversed at the time, since Windows 10 updates did something to system.

Since then the latest Nvidia drivers are to be ok.

Just an idea to check....but if all are variable framrate stuff, whspargue probably nailed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines