• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project assets delay

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have a project of over 1000 assets. Every time I open the project it takes ages for the preview icons to populate. The list is immediate, it is just the pictures that take time. I have tried both grid and list views. Is there a quicker way to start work rather than waiting for the display to finish.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

The process is disk intensive.  The only way to speed up that part of the process is to have a fast drive with your projects and assets.  The best is an internal SSD or "Solid State Drive".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process is disk intensive.  The only way to speed up that part of the process is to have a fast drive with your projects and assets.  The best is an internal SSD or "Solid State Drive".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. I have an SSD but only as my C: drive which I would prefer not to use for repetitive writing. Seems I will just have to grin and bear it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a portion of my SSD C drive that I reserve for video projects.   I have a routine where I put copies of the source media on the SSD, set Premiere Elements so that the scratch disks are there too.  Everything is in one folder for the project.

Editing is fast.  Using the operation system I can move the dedicated project folder elsewhere when I'm done or want to save it for later work.  To work on it again, I move it back to the SSD C drive.

I gain a lot of editing speed and efficiency.  I gain a sense of confidence by not working with original source medial.  It allows me to use Lightroom to catalog and manage my source media. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll give that a try. Thanks for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines