• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Assets window no longer displays for new projects

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project assets window has stopped opening for any new project. 

(It still works fine when I open an earlier project)

I havent changed PC or software (Windows 10, Premiere Elements 2020)

Restoring workspace makes no difference.. Same with rebooting the PC

The Project Assets drop down arrow next to the Add Media button (which does work) is stull visible, and highlights when the mouse passes over it, but doesnt reposnd to a click.

It also wont open from the menu Window>Project Assets

Any ideas?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Across the board for Adobe products there is a procedure to "reset" it when the product is acting strangely.   If you have special preferences set you may want to note what they are.    

From the help file:  

"To restore default preference settings, hold down Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. You can release the Alt key or Option key when the splash screen appears."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would go for shift + alt to reset program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither option has worked for me. I dont think it restored the default settings. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Is the 'splash screen' the one that launches both premiere and photoshop? In which case it wont open with ALT held down

I'm in the middle of editing a project and the project assets window no longer opens. I can open an old project and it is there, but cant get it to open on anything new.

FYI - I have 4k laptop and monitor screens but I've tried different screen settings and just running on the laptop and it doesnt make any difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry Elements is ctrl+shift+alt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines