Highlighted

Project defaults to 32bit audio, 16 bit audio added to the timeline sounds horrible

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a new project and selected DSLR 1080I FHD, as well trying other similar project presets. When I import files into PE2018, everything seems to go fine. If I drop the imported video and audio files into the timeline, I can scrub, but the audio is about half speed and has horrible digital noise.

Upon looking at the properties for the clip, It is 48KHz PCM 16bit stereo

The project is set to 48KHz PCM 32 bit floating point stereo

I suspect that this is the problem, but I can find no place to change the project audio away from this 32bit float setting.

Captured movies are MOV format all I frame 1080 29.97 from a Canon 80D camera

Audio track is 48KHz 16bit PCM stereo WAV

premiere elements 2018 audio problem.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Project defaults to 32bit audio, 16 bit audio added to the timeline sounds horrible

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a new project and selected DSLR 1080I FHD, as well trying other similar project presets. When I import files into PE2018, everything seems to go fine. If I drop the imported video and audio files into the timeline, I can scrub, but the audio is about half speed and has horrible digital noise.

I suspect that this is the problem, but I can find no place to change the project audio away from this 32bit float setting.

Captured movies are MOV format all I frame 1080 29.97 from a Canon 80D camera

Audio track is 48KHz 16bit PCM stereo WAV

premiere elements 2018 audio problem.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 06, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open a sample of your video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and copy and paste the report it generates to this forum.

Once we know your video's complete specs, we'll be better able to recommend a solution.

This does not appear to be camcorder video, so it may need to be converted to a more editable format.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2017 0
Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is correct, nothing wrong with those settings.

Might want to check the hardware settings in the Preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem...solved?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a two year old topic.  There is no way of knowing if the original question was answered.  Please consider starting a new topic with a screen shot of the "tree" view from the (free) MediaInfo program.  Good luck!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0