• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Setting has anything to do with Output Video?

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I shoot 4K videos and edit them in Premiere Elements. You know how lame the editing panel is in Expert mode. It is too slow to describe and my friends at Adobe do not bother to fix or improve anything at all since last 5/6 years. Well, that was not my point, my point was, does the project settings really have to do anything with video output? For example, this is my present project settings:

2018-11-21 01_57_26-Window.jpg

As you can see this is quite big and creates pressure on the CPU. Adobe has no intention to share some of the pressure with Nvidia/AMD GPUs so what if I take a project with small memory footprint like this one:

2018-11-21 01_59_00-Window.jpg

Then after finishing editing I export the video as 4K? Will that effect my video output quality?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Curiosity up, I forced a 1920x1080p30 project.  Then I added 4K footage.  Oddly it worked, but not better.  Full screen previews were pixelated.  I tried shake reduction and got an error message saying the project had to match the footage. 

Project settings need to match the source.  If your shooting 4K the sad reality is that the computer needs to be up to the task!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You know how lame the editing panel is in Expert mode. It is too slow to describe..."  Well, my experience is different.  It is not lame at all.  I've been editing 4K from a couple Panasonic cameras with the last three versions of Premiere Elements on a laptop.  It works fine!   

In following this forum for a half dozen years and reading everything I've run into, the project settings are for "preview rendering" and the output rendering is a separate and unrelated process.   Based on what the markers and other edit settings in the .prel file, the sources are read from scratch when the output is created. 

I've not tested it, but if you force Premiere Elements to "render" previews in a format different from the original it will only make matters worse. 

What exactly is your point? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add couple of video filters, like sharpen and see how slow it becomes. Try Premiere Pro and you will change your opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But in answer to your question, yes, your final output's quality is very much related to how well your project settings match your video specs.

And I too wonder why your innocuous question is buried under so much acrimony.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curiosity up, I forced a 1920x1080p30 project.  Then I added 4K footage.  Oddly it worked, but not better.  Full screen previews were pixelated.  I tried shake reduction and got an error message saying the project had to match the footage. 

Project settings need to match the source.  If your shooting 4K the sad reality is that the computer needs to be up to the task!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the same amount of effects/filters, premiere pro takes half time of elements. Final cut takes less. 8 min footage output sometimes takes 5 hours to render and that is lame .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, don't presume that the preview you see in the program's Monitor panel represents what your final output will look like. What you see when you play your timeline is only a medium-quality preview. You should output a 1920x1080 MP4 and play it in a good quality player like the VLC Media Player to see how well the program actually interpolates the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't get the point mate and now I can assume why the developers do not bother to improve. In this money you can get multi cam etc from other vendors. Anyways, stay happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines