Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project settings?

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have three short movie clips with different properties that I need to place along the same Timeline. They will be burnt to a DVD for viewing on a UK TV DVD player when complete, which means that the movie - when the three clips are eventually joined together - needs to have a frame rate of 25fps.

The other properties are as follows:

Clip1 29 fps 640 width x 480 height
Clip2 29fps 720 width x 480 height
Clip3 30fps 640 width x 480 height

I can't tell from those dimensions if these clips are widescreen or normal but, eventually, they will be viewed on a widescreen TV. At the beginning of this project, in Premiere Elements 11, is it best if I go to File | New | Project | click on the 'Change settings button', select PAL, AVCHD | DV | Widescreen 48Khz and then commit Prem Elements 11 to 'Force selected Project Setting on this project'?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

If you are not selling a yellow orange render line above the first clip you add to your timeline, your project is set up as efficiently as possible.

That will be mitigated somewhat by the fact that you're mixing a couple of different resolutions and frame rates -- but as long as that first clip represents the majority of the video you'll use in your project, you should be set.

Just remember to render your timeline (press Enter) whenever you see a yellow orange render line.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are these video clips from? If they're from a DVD or camcorder, they'll be much easier to work with than if they're from some other source or were converted to their present format.

If these videos are from a standard source the program will automatically set up to match the project settings to the video specs. The indication that this has happened is that there will NOT be a yellow-orange "render" line above the first clip, along the top of the timeline.

If your project has been properly set up, the rest of your process will be much easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve

Thanks for replying.

They are from different camcorders, not a DVD.

I appreciate that 'If these videos are from a standard source the program will automatically set up to match the project settings to the video specs', but they won't automatically go into 25fps mode, will they?

Don't I have to force that here:

SteveG.jpg

Thanks again

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are NOT seeing a yellow orange "render" line over the first clip you add to your video timeline, then the program has properly set up your video project to match the specs of that video clip.

RenderLine.jpg

Are you seeing a render line above that first clip?

And what models of camcorder are these videos coming from? These are unusual formats for video produced by camcorders. What method did you use to get the video from the camcorders to your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve

No, I don't see that yellow/orange render line (thanks for the link and screenshot).

On the Timeline, with these settings

PremiereElementsSettings_Mum_Project.jpg

the movie plays back just fine - both in video and audio terms.

I don't know what type of camcorders the footage came from, but I downloaded them from a laptop onto my own PC via a flash drive, which is why, under Project Settings, I selected 'Hard Disk, Flash Memory, Camcorders, in the 'Available Presets' pane.

Thanks again for your time.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not selling a yellow orange render line above the first clip you add to your timeline, your project is set up as efficiently as possible.

That will be mitigated somewhat by the fact that you're mixing a couple of different resolutions and frame rates -- but as long as that first clip represents the majority of the video you'll use in your project, you should be set.

Just remember to render your timeline (press Enter) whenever you see a yellow orange render line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.  Do you happen to know how to change project settings in an existing project in Elements 13?  I mistakenly set "SD" when I started the project and now when I export my HD sequence the aspect ratio and still images are misaligned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to change a project's settings once the project is up and running in Premiere Elements is to replace the first clip on the Video 1 track (or hide a few frames of a clip there).

The program automatically sets up the project based on the first clip on your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Steve+Grisetti  wrote

The only way to change a project's settings once the project is up and running in Premiere Elements is to replace the first clip on the Video 1 track (or hide a few frames of a clip there).

The program automatically sets up the project based on the first clip on your timeline.

I just tried putting a 1080p clip at the front of a 4K project.  Nothing changed in the project settings.  Did I miss a step?

Thanks.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response. I replaced the first clip in the timeline,

went to Edit>Project Settings>General, and it won't allow me to change the

frame size. Currently it's 640 horizontal and 480 vertical. It only

allows me to click into and adjust Title Safe Area and Action Safe Area.

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 5:30 PM, Steve Grisetti <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe Bill is right. It's not possible to change a project's settings once the project is underway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines