• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Projects no longer open in Premiere Elements 13 on new computer

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a new computer and reinstalle Premiere Elements 13 (PE 13). Now when I open projects I previously created with PE 13 on my old computer, PE 13 on my new computer tells me that the project is not compatible with this version of PE 13. Adobe has been of no help. I don't understand why projects created under PE 13 no longer open under PE 13. A few projects do open, but the vast majority of them do not, all giving the same error they are not compatible with this version of PE 13. Am I overlooking something simple. Anyone have any ideas?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

I found the solution to my own problem. On my old computer, I had made minor modifications to one of the standard PE DVD templates. On my new computer, I started some new projects and was trying to modify some other DVD templates. When I made changes to these templates, the projects I just started no longer opened and gave the same error I orginally reported - "project is not compatible with this version of PE 13." Since I had saved back up versions from old computer, I replaced the standard PE

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Thanks for your help, but neither of those suggestions worked for me. I just don't understand why the projects no longer open when they were created with the same version of Premiere Elements 13. While I can move forward and complete my new projects, I cannot go back if I have to make changes to any of my old projects. It's funny too that it only affect some of my projects, primarily those of our scrapbook albums which I am converting to video. Thanks again for your help.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution to my own problem. On my old computer, I had made minor modifications to one of the standard PE DVD templates. On my new computer, I started some new projects and was trying to modify some other DVD templates. When I made changes to these templates, the projects I just started no longer opened and gave the same error I orginally reported - "project is not compatible with this version of PE 13." Since I had saved back up versions from old computer, I replaced the standard PE templates on my new computer with my modified versions from my old computer, and all my old projects now open. I hope that Adobe learns from this because after hours troubleshooting with them they gave me no help to solve my problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>modifications to one of the standard PE DVD templates

>hope that Adobe learns from this

That does not compute!

You changed a template, so how can you expect Adobe support to know what you changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines