Highlighted

Proyect'ss set up to import to YouTube from PC

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone:

I'm a spanish motovlogger in project. The things is, that after working a lot, I exported my videos, firstly, to my PC, but, at the time after uploading to YouTube the videos, didn't have the same proportions as the width and lenths of YouTube's video window needed, there was black space to fill, something which dissapointed me, after working a lot. I fixed the problem with other software, the best way I could.

Please, guide me for future works, and teach me how I should set up my new proyects. Thank a lot in advance. Kind regards.

TOPICS
Export, FAQ, Feature request, Import, Performance, Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Proyect'ss set up to import to YouTube from PC

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone:

I'm a spanish motovlogger in project. The things is, that after working a lot, I exported my videos, firstly, to my PC, but, at the time after uploading to YouTube the videos, didn't have the same proportions as the width and lenths of YouTube's video window needed, there was black space to fill, something which dissapointed me, after working a lot. I fixed the problem with other software, the best way I could.

Please, guide me for future works, and teach me how I should set up my new proyects. Thank a lot in advance. Kind regards.

TOPICS
Export, FAQ, Feature request, Import, Performance, Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear what you're asking.

Are you outputting a 1920x1080 MP4 from Premiere Elements and uploading it to YouTube?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it. I edited the videos on the 16:9 aspect ratio, but after exporting them and uploading, at the time to watching them on YouTube, the image was smaller than YouTube's video player's windows, and there was a lot of black space around the image. Here you have an example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plG6VZW02YU

I hope I expressed my ideas better, because English isn't my mother tongue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2020 0
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem with your English!  At least you can use more than one language.

Because YouTube is aimed at computer screens, it will be in the 16:9 screen ratio.  Therefore, your editing projects have to be in 16:9.   To not have black space, your source footage has to be 16:9.   Watching your YouTube sample, it appears your source is not 16:9.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had taken a look again to the project and the aspect ratio was correct. I've looking at the project's adjustment, and in general set up of the project, in the edition menu, I found the following edition mode: Sony XDCAM ex 720p. Maybe this was the problem? I think my camera isn't because, it records on 1920x1080 resolution, compatible with the 16:9 ratio aspect. And I always use widest recording mode. What do you think? Anyway, how can I know if the camera's recording is the one I need? Is there any way to know it??

Thanks again. See you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2020 0
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should happen is that if you put one of your 1920x1080 clips on the timeline first it will then set the project to match automatically.

(I took Spanish in high school 50 years ago.  I can understand you video but it is fun that I can recognize some of the words!) 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2020 1