• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Putting a stop cue on the end of the video

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have edited a short 2 minute piece but when I play it back it continues playing for another thirty seconds of black. How do I get it to stop playing when the video ends?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

If your timeline continues to play after your movie, then you have some stray clips and fragments out beyond the end of your movie.

Press the backslash key (above the Enter key) to show your entire movie on the timeline. Most likely this will also show a lot of empty space beyond your movie's end. Click and drag to snag any stray clips and press Delete on your keyboard. Then press the \ key again. Your timeline show now display only your movie on the timeline and your problem will be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally it will stop unless you have something on the end of the time line you can't see.  Check for something you can delete.

Alternately you can force a stop by setting the "WorkArea Bars" and checking the "Share WorkArea Bar Only" box at final output. 

Bars 1.JPG

Bar 2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your timeline continues to play after your movie, then you have some stray clips and fragments out beyond the end of your movie.

Press the backslash key (above the Enter key) to show your entire movie on the timeline. Most likely this will also show a lot of empty space beyond your movie's end. Click and drag to snag any stray clips and press Delete on your keyboard. Then press the \ key again. Your timeline show now display only your movie on the timeline and your problem will be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Steve. I found a 2" sound edit residual clip at 5 minutes down

stream! goodness knows how it got there! Saved my bacon and my credibility

standing with my grandson.

appreciatively yours

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your response but it turns out it was a 2" sound edit residual 5

mins down stream.!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please mark this question as correctly answered, jive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines