• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about Premier products

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a page comparing the features of Premier Elements and Pro CC? I've been perusing the site for a few days and cannot find this info.

Does Premier Elements 2018 edit 4K? Pro CC touts 8K, but I can't find much info on Elements.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a comparison of the two.

Adobe Premiere Elements VS Adobe Premiere Pro CC: Which one should I use?

Premiere Elements can indeed edit 4K. In fact, you may find Premiere Elements can do pretty much anything you need, as far as video editing. Give the free trial a test drive.

Premiere Pro includes the ability to work with more professional video formats as well as the ability to interface with After Effects. But, unless you're shooting pro formats, you may not even miss most of the advanced features.

What type of video are you editing and what do you want to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Premiere Elements for several years.  Recently I gained access to Premiere Pro CC and started taking online courses to learn it.  Pro is challenging, full of extraordinary tools and complex.

Even with the option of using Pro, I continue with Elements to edit my 4K video.  The reason is that I have yet to find any of the additional Pro tools compelling enough to suffer from the increased complexity.   In other words, it is easier and quicker for me to get what I want done and finished. 

What would cause me to switch to Pro?  One might be if I were to do a documentary with a team of videographers all using separate cameras.  Another might be if I were to use separate audio recorders and need to "sync" the soundtrack to the video track.   A third would be if I decided I needed and "advanced" color grading system.   And, if I were leading a team of video editors all working on the same project, it would have to be Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to use Sequences in Premiere Pro is one of the biggest advantages for me:

Sequences+in+Premiere+Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, is right.  Sequences would be very useful for larger projects. 

In my case, I try really hard to keep my personal videos to five minutes or less.   Somehow, short videos get more watching than long ones.  

So, in Premiere Elements, I tend to work in what you might think of as a single sequence. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An additional benefit of sequences is that you can copy and paste from one project to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

There is no question that you are right.  You can do a lot more in Pro.  Pasting sequences would be invaluable if one needs it.  The question is if it is necessary and worth the monthly cost if one does not need to paste sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all for the replies. I'm simply upgrading from Elements 2013 and needed to decide if it was worth the extra money for Pro CC. I wanted input because Adobe's website is harder to learn than it's products.

Just to be clear: one license is good for two machines, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. Provided you own both machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines