Highlighted

"Something is preventing a successful DVD burn" error multiple places

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 7ish minute video I've created, but when I try burning it to DVD, I get the error message above. I've tried burning the project from my HP laptop computer to the native DVD burner and an external LG DVD burner. I've tried burning it to the external LG DVD burner from my Dell work computer. I've tried taking smaller chunks of a few of the files used in the project and burning those to a DVD only to encounter the same error.

I've checked the firmware and the drivers; all say they are updated. I've restarted several times. I've tried different output formats (widescreen versus 4:3). No matter what I try, I keep encountering this error. I have used this software numerous times successfully in the past, so I know it has worked before.

Is there some issue when one updates Windows that causes this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Something is preventing a successful DVD burn" error multiple places

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 7ish minute video I've created, but when I try burning it to DVD, I get the error message above. I've tried burning the project from my HP laptop computer to the native DVD burner and an external LG DVD burner. I've tried burning it to the external LG DVD burner from my Dell work computer. I've tried taking smaller chunks of a few of the files used in the project and burning those to a DVD only to encounter the same error.

I've checked the firmware and the drivers; all say they are updated. I've restarted several times. I've tried different output formats (widescreen versus 4:3). No matter what I try, I keep encountering this error. I have used this software numerous times successfully in the past, so I know it has worked before.

Is there some issue when one updates Windows that causes this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 09, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's always helpful to know your operating system and version number.

That said, can you burn an ISO file? If you can then you know the problem is merely with the program interfacing with your disc burner -- and that's an easy workaround.

If you can't create even an ISO file from a 7 minute movie, however, you'll need to do some deep troubleshooting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the lack of complete information; the original post was made while in quite a frustrated state of mind.

The system seemed to be going through the standard "Rendering Media" process and then would burn the disc only to kick it out once it appeared to be almost done with the above error message. The message did say an ISO file had been created, and it gave me the directory/address where the file was supposed to be. However, when I went to find the file, it was not there.

As it turns out, after a little more research, I found an old thread (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1926561) ​; while it was almost three years old, it sounded very similar to the problem I was encountering. In that older thread, it was suggested to toggle the "Use Hardware Acceleration" setting and to look at the Scratch Disks and Disk Encoding settings. After performing the aforementioned toggling and adjusting, I was able to successfully burn a DVD.

Thanks for you efforts in assisting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. That would have been my suggestion, based on what you've just told us.

But however you found it, I'm glad to hear you found a solution!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2018 0