• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Randomization of imported media in Premier Elements?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have JPEGs from Lightroom which are ordered numerically.  When I highlight those to bring into PE as new assets, they are randomized.  This seems to be a new problem as I have not experienced this while generating videos of still images in the past.  Any ideas...?

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

You can sort your project assets in a limited way - should work for you since you have ordered them numerically.

Under Project Assets click on the Panel options button in the top right-hand corner:

SortPA.jpg

This produces a pull down - one of the options is Sort by & you can choose Filename (which sounds to be what you need) or Duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bob,

If I understand correctly, you imported few JPEGs inside Premiere elements and when you look inside Project Assets, the media appear randomised. This is known behaviour and it is expected that user is going to arrange the media himself as per his choice on timeline. He can drop any media file on timeline and later drag and drop to arrange. Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Nidhi Bhushan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can sort your project assets in a limited way - should work for you since you have ordered them numerically.

Under Project Assets click on the Panel options button in the top right-hand corner:

SortPA.jpg

This produces a pull down - one of the options is Sort by & you can choose Filename (which sounds to be what you need) or Duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, worked a dream.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bob - please mark my answer from yesterday as being correct.

HEM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines