• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Convert and import Hi-8 video into Premier Elements

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Sony Digital 8 camcorder, trying to capture video in Adobe Premier Elements.  Looking for step by step instructions, since I have about 30 tapes to back up.  Thanks for any link to the right spot.  It doesnt appear there's alot of support for Sony Digital 8, i'm just glad it works.  

When I go to Elements> Photo editor> add media I get error message saying no supported formats found. I was able to capture some video in Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, but it was very tricky, I was hoping Elements would be easier from the You Tube videos, but it's not working yet. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've branched your reply to a new thread, as you replied to a three year old thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements 12 was the last version to support capture.

You can use these programs for capture:

WinDV   WinDV

HDVSplit   HDVSplit 0.77 beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately Hi8 is not a digital format. So capture via FireWire won't work without a digitizer.

For basic capture of any analog (including Hi8) I recommend the Diamond VC500, available from Amazon for $40. It captures any video source over USB. Quality is excellent and it comes with its own capture software. Best of all, the MP4s it creates are easily editable in Premiere Elements or almost any other editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi8 tapes will play in most D8 cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines