• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Premiere elements 18 - no sound when playing videos

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is almost 3 years old, but I have this same issue as described above.  I've been recently using Adobe Premier Elements for video creation again (it's been a while).  A long time ago I used to use older versions of Adobe on an older PC and I loved it (circa 2005-2012).  Now, I've re-inherited my daughters college PC with AdobePE 2018 on it and was going to work on some projects again.  No matter what type of clip I import I can't get the audio to play.  The clips are MOV and MTS format, and can be played on windows media player so I know the audio tracks are embedded in them.  I've tried different headsets, changed the Audio Hardware preferences - every device I try including embedded PC speakers, USB headsets and simple audio jack connected devices show as "not working" and I get an MME error when I change devices to try.  I'm stumped.  I don't even see an audio sound track underneath the clip when I import the videos.  Any tips?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that no video or audio clip you add to the program plays sound? If so, it's an audio hardware setting.

My tutorial shows you what to do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!  I watched the video 🙂 and I've played around with the preferences for Audio/Audio Hardware.  Each device I have shows "Not Working" beside it.  Since posting the above reply, I've also taken the MTS file and converted it to MP4 using the Windows 10 Photos app...I can hear the audio track clearly when playing it through normal windows media player.  I've imported that again into a new AdobePE project, and again I've got the issue - can't hear audio.  Also, the Audio track doesn't even show in the editor?  I've attached a few screen shots - no device including internal speakers seem to be working in the app but they work outside the app?

No Audio Track:

Screenshot 2021-01-14 115726.png

MME Error and Devices not working:

Screenshot 2021-01-14 115927.pngScreenshot 2021-01-14 120100.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is up, but it's nothing that Premiere Elements is doing. I don't know why your audio inputs and outputs are listed as Not Working. It could have something to do with that Plantonics headset or its drivers. But something is keeping the program from interfacing with your speakers.

I assume you don't have that headset plugged in while you're playing with these Input and Output settings and taht you've checked your operating system to make sure your regular computer speakers are configured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I think it's likely a Windows 10/Driver issue or maybe the install of PE just didn't complete right.  I'll probably reinstall PE and try again, see if that helps.  I did try playing with the audio hardware settings with the USB headset I'm using plugged in and not plugged in.  No change.  If I have an outcome or figure out what's happening I'll reply here. Thanks for your time and help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines