• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-rendering MP4s

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using APE2017. I have a library of completed videos in MP4 format. I would like to add a credit sequence to the end of each video but the original clips are long gone. All I have is the MP4.

If I import the MP4 into APE timeline and add the credits to the timeline as another MP4, will I lose quality when I then render the timeline to create a single updated MP4?

I know copied digital data is usually identical, but is this still the case with compressed formats?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

I don't know what APE2017 is. But I assume it's easier Premiere Elements 15 or Premiere Elements 2018.

That said, you should be able to use an MP4 as your video footage in a project, add credits to the end and then output a movie without a noticeable loss of quality.

Though I'm assuming that a) your original MP4s are high quality 1920x1080 footage, b) your Premiere Elements project settings match your video resolution and frame rate and c) you're selecting an Export & Share output preset that is a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what APE2017 is. But I assume it's easier Premiere Elements 15 or Premiere Elements 2018.

That said, you should be able to use an MP4 as your video footage in a project, add credits to the end and then output a movie without a noticeable loss of quality.

Though I'm assuming that a) your original MP4s are high quality 1920x1080 footage, b) your Premiere Elements project settings match your video resolution and frame rate and c) you're selecting an Export & Share output preset that is also 1920x1080.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

APE (Adobe Premiere Elements). Thanks guys. Output settings will be the same as the original so I shall give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(On Edit:  I see where I was slower at typing than Steve!)

Yes, in theory, and probably fact, you will loose some quality.  However, if you get your project and output settings matched to your source file, you will probably not notice any visual decline in quality.

Good luck with your project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines