• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Time lapse in Premiere Elements 2019

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone advise how to make a time lapse video out of photos using premiere elements 2019? I've imported about 150 photos that I took using time lapse on my mavic pro but can't work out how to convert them into a time lapse movie. Thanks. Scott

[Branched into new thread by mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott,

Depending on the overall strength of your computer, you may have to "resize" the image files in something like Lightroom or Photoshop.  If the project playback is balky, resizing might be needed.  If not balky, skip the resizing.

On the Preferences > General page there is a Still Image Default Duration.  It takes some math and experimentation to find the effect you want.  Get the project set to a frame rate you want.  Then you can change the setting to a display duration you like, add the photos with "Add Media" and put them on the timeline. 

Premiere Elements can have trouble getting the order right.  It depends on the file naming from your camera.  There is not a capture time sort that works. 

If the duration on preview play does not please you. Delete the images from your project, change the default duration time and import them again.   Once imported into a project the default duration can't be changed.  It is applied at import. 

When you are close, you can select all the images on the timeline and use the Time Stretch tool to make  an overall adjustment to playback speed. 

When you like the preview, output a video with Export & Share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I will try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The math is done before shooting: the interval (time between shots)

Different situations require different intervals. Shooting clouds is different from shooting people.

Make sure your stills are sequential; eg 00001.jpg, 0002.jpg, 0003.jpg etc. Keep then naming simple.

Double click on the Project Assets and navigate to your stills.

Select first still and then check Numbered Stills.

Now hit Open.

Drag the file to the timeline.

All your stills are merged together as one movie (even if it says .jpg or whatever extension you used).

You can check this as this has a movie icon on the thumbnail and it has a duration.

Every still has become 1 frame. So make sure you set up your project correctly before adding the timelaps to the project/timeline.

(note that my stills is not a real timelaps)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see a check box called Numbered Stills in Premiere 2019. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No the check box is in windows explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines