• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red preview in Project Assets

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Premiere Elements 2018 in Windows 10.  Have a file in which I collected maybe 50 clips.  Suddenly the last few clips show a red preview and will not play.

--Restored previous versions of prel file to no avail.

--Deleted the Adobe folders in Documents

--Deleted the 18.0 file in AppData

Really eager to get this resolved.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you've played the video files in something like VLC Media Player and confirmed that the problem is not with the files themselves.

If so, it's most likely a bug in the video driver Windows is providing. Go to the AMD, Intel or nVidia web site (whoever made your video card) and install the latest driver from there rather than letting Windows provide one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the videos all played fine before.  I received a Windows update Friday, after which this happened.  Can't help but think they're related.  Tried a different account and got same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried my advice?

Also, what is the format and resolution of these video clips? It's possible they could benefit from an installation of Quicktime components also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, because the driver has been fine up to now.  The videos are HD MP4's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Troys555  wrote

No, because the driver has been fine up to now.

That's what the guy with the flat tire said: "It wasn't flat yesterday."

Seriously, please try updating or rolling back your video driver directly from the card manufacturer's site.

Also, it isn't the file offline message you are seeing is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was not a drive to roll back.  No its not a missing file issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What video card do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the builtin video card on the Inspirion 3647.  I have done the following to try to resolve the issue.

Clear Adobe folders under documents

Clear media cache

Reinstall Premiere Elements

Return to a known good state of the prel file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No because it was working fine till Friday, and I did not change the driver.  I have been using Premiere Elements on this machine for years without issue,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experiece is when windows does an update I have to reinstall the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With respect to Ann's experience, mine has been the opposite.  I've gone through all the Windows 10 updates starting with the one from 7 without difficulty. 

Reading all the replies I have to think there is something different about the few clips that don't play when all the rest do.  What might be different about the clips that don't play?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clips are all from the same source so same format and resolution.  The problem began around 9pm Friday after the Microsoft patches.  In the version of my prel file from 10pm Friday the clips at the end of the organizer have red thumbnails.  They initially do not play but then usually do .

I restored  the prel file from 6 pm Friday file which had a few less clips.  This file worked fine Friday but now the clips at the end of that organizer have the red thumbnail.

The same thing holds from the restored 6pm Thursday version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

still no luck.  Have not been able to work all week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gone to the Intel site and downloaded the latest driver for your Intel HD Graphics card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines