• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red timeline in premiere elements 2018

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason my red timeline is jerky on an empty space on the time line and on image and video. I can play the video outside of elements 2018 and it works fine.

I tried reinstalling Elements and restarting my PC and it seem to work fine for awhile till I had to reboot the system for windows update. Now even with a delete and reinstall of the program it will continue to have a jerky timeline. I went back to install elements 1014 and there is no jerky timeline hand.

I checked the setting on both version and they are the same. Not sure what to do with elements 2018 to fix the problem with the jerky timeline hand.

Hope someone can help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the video you are seeing this issue with in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the report it generates and paste it to this forum.

Once we know the complete specs of your video, we'll more likely be able to tell what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has nothing to do with a video. if I spread two images with a large gap between the redline will continue to be jerky with no video. If I insert music with no video or image the redline continues to be jerky (stutter)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes users here have reported that the Default Input for Audio Hardware in Preferences may cause jerky behavior.  Try setting it to "None". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines