• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reference to old disk causes Premiere Elements not to start

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhere during startup up Premiere Elements 2020 is searching for a network disk that I do not always have available. So when my NAS located at z:\ is not present the PE refuses to start. I get a screen where I am offered to send a crash report (which I have done but received no feedback).

I have looked through all settings and changed default storage location to my D:\... which is always present. But still somewhere in a setting I am not able to locate there is a reference to this z:\ disk.

The only clue I have is that after start up without doing any other changes and when I do "Lägg till media" and select the "Filer och mappar" (swedish version and I suppose it is "Add Media" and "Files and folders" respectively in the english version") the default location it is opening is "Z:\Stefan\Adobe\Premiere Elements\18.0". And I cannot find where this is configured. So somewhere in PE it is still referencing my "Z:\ disk".

When the z:\ i mapped and available everything works fine. But I am going to retire this old disk and do not want to have it left just because PE needs it to start.

Any hints what to look for is appreciated

/Stefan

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it were me, I would uninstall Premiere Elements from your computer and follow that with a reinstall.   My understanding is that Premiere Elements should be installed on the primary C:\ drive.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines