• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstalling Premiere Elements 12 on another computer?

New Here ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, A few months ago I purchased a new copy of Premiere Elements 12 on DVD disc. It has been working fine and I was very pleased with it. Unfortunately my laptop died a couple of weeks ago - faulty motherboard (though the hard drive was ok).

I have decided to buy a new laptop when I can afford to, and was wondering if I could reinstall Elements 12 on a new computer? It does not say anything about how many computers it can be installed on, and I can't uninstall it from my old dead computer as it won't even boot up. So will I have to buy another disc? Or can I deactivate the old installation in some way to allow me to reinstall? Or could I just reinstall it as it is without any problems? I've not yet got a new computer so I am unable to test this out, but perhaps someone out there knows the answer?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The license allows you to install it on two computers owned by the same customer.   You should have no trouble installing it when you get the new computer.  

Version 12 is a few years old so I'm not sure.  I think you can log into your Adobe account and deactivate the installation on the broken computer.  If that doesn't work, you can start an online chat session with Adobe Customer Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the link to chat:

Contact Customer Care

Make sure to only say that you want to reset your activations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines