• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove ray of sunshine from interview

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably no suitable answer here, but here goes.  I shot an interview with an individual, and partway through I suddenly noticed that sunlight peeking through a curtain from behind me was causing big streak of sunshine across the person's chest.  It was too late to start over.  Is there anything in premiere elements of a masking nature,  or copying and pasting a good part of the body over  the sunshine streaks?  Just asking!  I know the best way would be to reshoot the interview, but that's not possible!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not. But if you want to post a JPG of what it looks like, we might have some ideas for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  It's a project at work so I will send you a jpg first thing tuesday...Canadian thanksgiving holiday today!  I have used elements for almost 2 years at work and I learned it largely by watching your tutorials.  

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Steve, here is the screengrab of the streak of sunshine on my interview guest. Any thoughts using any of the masking effects somehow?

thx, Ken Sellar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot didn't show up.  Please try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, pls let me know if you got it alright.

thx, Ken Sellar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I thought I would also send the pic in the body of the email in case there's something wrong with you seeing my attachment.

thx, Ken Sellar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to post the image to the Adobe forum. It won't post if you e-mail it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screengrab of sunlight.JPG

Hello, this is the problem I'm facing.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to consider cropping.  Depending upon the footage and project settings, you might be able to zoom after cropping. 

You could also add a lower third or some other footage or text below the crop or even use a background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd say it's not worth trying to fix. Any fix would probably make a bigger mess than the hot spot itself.

I assume you've got footage to cut away to or maybe close-ups of the interviewees you can cut to. If you stay on this shot over 30 seconds or so your audience may become more aware of it. But if you cut away and back to this shot, I don't think your audience will even notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines