Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render the timeline degrades quality

New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a complete newbie to Adobe Premier Elements 2020 and video editing in general.

My specific problem is using the "Render" function. When I mouseover the Render button above the timeline it says, "For smooth, high quality playback, render your timeline". However, I am finding that:

1) If I DO NOT use Render the video plays back at full quality 

2) If I DO use Render the video plays back at lower quality regardless of the Playback quality (Automatic, Highest, Medium, Lowest) 

The video I am editing was recorded in Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) 25.0.8. 

I have looked in the Adobe Premier Elements 2020 project settings and can not find any changes which makes a difference.

When I have finished editing I can use Export & Share - Quick Export to export my video in mp4 format. The quality of the generated file is as good the original.

Therefore, the problem I am having is only applicable to the Render function within the project.

Can anyone tell me:

1) Why Render is degrading the quality of the video?

2) Do I need to use Render at all? (can I just keep editing and then export the final video without any constraints)

Best Wishes

Brian 

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember that what you see in the Monitor panel is only a preview. It is not what your final video will look like.

That said, you can right-click on the Monitor panel and set the Quality to its highest. That will make a difference in how it looks. You can also set a higher quality for the render previews in the Preferences, under the Edit menu.

Though again -- it's only a preview. Your final will look much better, assuming you've got your settings right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Even if I set the quality to highest in the monitor panel the quality of the video previewed is still LOWER after pressing the render button option. 

Yes, I noted the quality of the final video is fine. What I'm trying to understand is what is the purpose of the Render option in the preview and is it needed? Edits which I made (e.g. adding text and titles) appear correctly even without using the Render button.

Thanks

Brian 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's merely to give you cleaner playback as you work and put less strain on the program, which can play previews rather than continually creating soft renders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines