• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering and Exporting in PRE 2019

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PRE 2019 on a Windows 10 computer.  It is the first time I have got to the stage of exporting my completed project and I am a bit confused about "rendering."

After rendering the timeline the orange lines turn green but there are some areas where the line is neither orange or green - just grey.  Is this anything to be concerned about?

When I use "Export and Share" the sytem displays the message "Rendering...".  Is this a different kind of rendering?  I ask because I have noticed that if I start with an unrendered timeline (orange) the Export and Share "rendering" does not turn it to green.

Should I always render the timeline before exporting or does it have no bearing on the quality of the export?

Your advice would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Rendering", "Encoding" and even "Processing" get used in too many ways for video editing.   

"Rendering" the timeline is directly related to the real time previews you see while putting your project together.   Even if the line above changes color, you may be able to edit smoothly using the preview.  But, if your computer is not strong enough and you have enough lines of video, titles and transitions is can bog down making editing difficult.  That's when you "render the timeling".

The export and share rendering should maybe be called "encoding".  Based on all the edits, markers, project settings and source footage, a video editor has to look at, re-read and process everything from scratch to the one of many output formats you choose.  

It may vary with other computers, but I have never seen where rendering the previews on the timeline effect the output encoding ("rendering").   As far as I can tell, rendering the timeline has never made a difference to my output. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Elements does not use preview files on export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines