• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering Issue

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, using premire elements 19 on a Dell G7 with an 8th gen i7 processor and all of a sudden I am unable to render my clips in my timeline. I am editing 4k video, and when trying to preview my edit the clips lag and skip quite a bit. I have made some other edits with 4k and this was not an issue, and now when I hit the render button it acts like the play button and just starts playing my timeline from the beginning. Very strange. I have tried importing the files from different locations (local/flash drive/sd card) and regardless of where they come from the rendering issue persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you change the setting for Hardware Acceleration in General Preferences?  Sometimes it works better off than on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see a yellow-orange line above your video on your timeline, indicating that the file actually needs to be rendered? If clicking the Render button just starts playback of the timeline then that indicates there's nothing on the timeline that needs to be rendered.

Meantime which processor do you have and how much RAM?

An i7 8750H with 16 gig of RAM should be more than enough power to edit a 4K file, so if that's what you've got there may be something else going on that's interrupting things or leeching power. Antivirus software and bloatware added by Dell could well be to blame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Steve's point, there is a selection in preferences to turn off the play after render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good call, no there is not a line displayed above the clip. And am not running antivirus software on this machine. Only 8 gigs of ram though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I see nothing, based on what you've shared, that would indicate a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Overcookedburger​,

Rendering is only required when you have done some editing e.g. effects, titles, transitions etc. and in these scenarios yellow line should be visible on your timeline.

To help us know more about the issue, you can try adding a simple title to your timeline and share your results whether you are seeing a yellow line over the region where you have added the title. Also, share the behavior after hitting the render button.

Please let us know if you are experiencing the same behavior in the above scenario as well.

Regards,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines