• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rendering very slow

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a small 4k clip. it is just 2 minutes long.....i have an Microsoft Surface Book 2 with an I7 an 16 gb Ram. But Elements 2019 need over 2 houres and 30 Minutes to get it finished....what is that???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't take that long.  On my four year old I7 laptop with 16 GB of RAM, I expect the output render to take about three to four times longer than the video with 4K and only up to twice for HD.  Your 2 minute 4K video would take less than 8 minutes, probably 6.

In my case I match the project settings and output setting to the specifications of the original clip.  I also make sure nothing is running in the background that will eat up RAM.

What is your source video?  What are your project settings? What are your output settings?  And can you look to see what might be running besides Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The orginal clip was in mp4 h264 in 4k. , 29,97 frames in 100mbit. i had in in premiere elements just cuttet an one clip with 6 seconds was with motion capture with an titel.

output setting where just the same.

there was nothing in backround running, everything was updatet and i had the latest drivers.   i have restartet the pc before i tried it.

i had even renderd the hole project before exporting it.

ich had 3 versions of elements before, they all worked pretty fine. i have even uninstalled all versions and did a total new reinstallation of 2019.

it took me with all tries over 4 houres to try all this.....

a bit frustrating.......even my pinnacle studio 22 is much faster than that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that it shouldn't be that slow.  What are the project settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the output setting Ehre 4k, 29.97 Frames 100mbit ntsc

I tried it now on 2 diffrent computers with diffrent clips.

as soon as I Start using 4k clips,. premiere Elements gets very Slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is possible that your project settings are not matching.  You didn't say what they are or how you set up the project.

There is not question that Premiere Elements is capable of processing 4K from common cameras.  It will be slower than HD.  For good 4K performance you need plenty of memory and a fast processor.

One way to determine the speed of the CPU is to look it up.  Mine is rated at 7500.  10,000 or more would be better.

PassMark Intel vs AMD CPU Benchmarks - High End 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines