Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacing part or all of an audio track

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm new to Premiere Elements and seeking the most effective way to fix a problem with the audio portion of a video.  The video is a one-hour zoom meeting.  At several points during the presentation portion of the meeting, the presenter's audio became garbled.  He has re-recorded his audio for the slides that were the most affected and sent me the clips.  (I would have preferred having him re-record the entire audio of his presentation, but he didn't have time.)

Because I have some experience using Audacity for sound editing, I'm editing his replacement clips into the audio track extracted from the MP4 video.  That's taking some time, but at least I know how to do it.  I'm being very careful to edit the clips into the track without changing the overall timing so that I can simply replace the entire audio track. 

I believe this is a reasonable approach.  Given how new I am to Premiere, replacing the entire audio portion should be easier than editing and mixing it within Premiere.  (If that's wrong, please let me know....) 

The question then is how to replace  the track.  Do I load the new audio into one of the other available tracks (Voice, Music, Audio 2)?  If I load the track into either "Voice" or "Music", can I simply set the gain for the "audio 1" track all the way down and then re-render?  What would be the recommend process?

Thanks!  I appreciate any help or suggestions. 

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

If I load the track into either "Voice" or "Music", can I simply set the gain for the "audio 1" track all the way down and then re-render?

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I load the track into either "Voice" or "Music", can I simply set the gain for the "audio 1" track all the way down and then re-render?

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.  icon_biggrin.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines