• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resolution and grainy projects...

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a total newbie to Premiere Elements and am not a media guru at all.  We have a horse breeding operation and I need to put together some handsome sales videos of the horses.   I am having problem with the resolution and smoothness of my projects.  Most of my video media comes from my Sony HD AVCHD.  When I import the videos from the camera the uploaded file is a .MPG file.  I have been told that that is not a compatible file for Premiere Elements 2019 and that I would need to convert the file.  So, I have downloaded EasyFab Video Converter.  Within that converter you can select for which video editor you are using.  I chose Premiere.Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 6.25.11 PM.png

It converts the file and what I find is the same file extention...but with lower case .mpg instead of .MPG.  Then, when I create my videos the images are fuzzy with poor resolution.  Even the static photos have poor resolution.  See below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0yy9eh8-Qkhttp://

Thanks so much for helping me figure this out!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video files from a Sony AVCHD camera should be fine.

My first guess is that you have the camera settings at less than the best.  On a Sony camera there should be a 1920x1080 at 60 frames per second setting.   You shouldn't need to convert. 

What are the camera setting choices you have?  And, what settings have you used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the settings I see on my camcorder.  Most of them were probably STD versus HD   But still, I don't think the video quality should be that bad...or should it?  I am not seeing a menu where I can select 1920X1080 60 frames/second.   Thanks for your help.

IMG_1837.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera is that?  I might be able to look up the manual.  "Standard" was a quality level great for old tube TVs.  It will be "that bad" viewed on current screens.  You have to find the "HD" or High Definition settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_1838.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem may be that you're using a video converter to import your video from your camcorder to your computer. This converted video may not be the best quality video to edit.

I recommend using the Video Importer in Premiere Elements to get your video from your cam to your computer. This will give you the highest quality video and will import a video that is perfectly compatible with Premiere Elements. My Basic Training tutorial shows you how.

Basic Training for Premiere Elements 2019, Part 2 of 8 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK....thank you, but...unfortunately, I have already downloaded all my video and have them in Elements Organizer and have deleted them off the camcorder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!  For taking the time to research and respond!!  I did think I had my camera on the HD setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd recommend shooting some video and experimenting with your workflow before you get into a big project.

And check out my free 8 part Basic Training tutorials on YouTube! If you're new to the program, they'll help get you up and running!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  You have no idea the work that goes into just getting the footage with these horses.  I can't believe I am going to have to redo!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it will get easier as you learn the most effective workflow.

Which is why I post these tutorials and my books. Helping people get it right the first time so they can save lots of time and energy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines