• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restore backup

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tyring to restore a Premiere Elements 2020 backup and PE asks for a destination.  I presume this is on my C: drive, but what is the folder name it should go into?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an Organizer backup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps an explanation:

1)  Blue screen of death; got hard drive replaced; hard drive was readable so repair guy transferred files; had to re-install many programs including Premier (successfuly).

2) got back to tagging photos and discovered some missing photos (particularly videos).

3) got a USB to IDE/SATA adaptor to look at the old hard drive.  Found the missing photos/videos.

4) Transferred one set of videos from the old drive.   Checked to see if Premier recognized them. 

5) Somehow Premier went into the old drive and brought up the old data - reading from the D drive instead of the C: drive.   As I still had the D drive connected to the computer, it must have decided to go there. 

6) I figured I could force Premier back to the C: drive with a backup recovery, but got stopped as I did not not know what folder it should go into - hence the question above.

7) Being impatient, I found an Adobe folder labeled 'catologs'.  Ran the backup with that as the destination folder.   Mistake.

8) The good news, Premier reads the C:Drive, the 20k+ pictures, and the tags.  The bad news, the "My Folders" window (left hand window) is screwed up.  In this window, the 'list'view' appears to have all my folders.  However, the 'tree' view brings up the entire C: drive folders -all of them.   With the way I organize things,I prefer the 'folders' view and that view is useless now.   Closing the program and re-booting hasn't helped.   I'm guessing I got stupid by putting the backup recovery in the wrong folder.  If you have any ideas on how to fix this, this time I'll standby patiently for a response.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lordy I hate emojis.  The emojis in the above stand for the D drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited the D drive references for you.

I'm sorry that I can't help with the Organizer, as I don't use it.  There will be somebody here who can help you with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines