Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retrieving Clips from other Premiere Elements Projects

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Retrieving Clips from other Premiere Elements Projects

Can clips be moved from one Project to the Project Assets of a new Project?

Ron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer: No.

Longer Answer: You can export (share) the clip and then import it into another project, but you won't be able to change the edits.

Response that doesn't answer the question:  You can do that with Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peru Bob,

I have saved the Project in MP4 format, but that version creates one continuous video without the clipping that exists within the Project. I want to be working with the clipping breaks that I have already created within the Project. Can I preserve the clipping somehow?

Thanks

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Premiere Elements forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With thanks, Peru Bob.

Alternatively, can the clips from a Project in which I have added clips be moved into its own Project Assets to allow easy deleting of the unwanted clips?

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have misunderstood your intention.

Do you just want to move or copy the source media and reuse that in a new project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am unable to move the Project and its contained clipping to a new Project, then an alternative is to use the existing Project (a subset of a bigger scripted Project) as the bigger Project. I am looking for a simple way to delete the bulk of the clips that I have made within the existing Project. Project Assets is a better location for deleting unwanted clips than the timeline. Can the timeline be moved into its own Project Assets<

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for information for Trimmed version. I am still looking for an easy way to delete the bulk of the clips and save only my selected clips. Easy to do if the Timeline could be moved into Project Assets. Can the Trimmed version be inserted in Project Assets to allow clip selection?

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not the Premiere Elements project file.  The media files can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines