• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Return playback to previous position

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if there is a way to have the video playback return to the position it was in prior to starting playback.

I use the keyboard spacebar to start and stop the transport but it always stops right where it is.

I'd like it to go back to the place in the video where I started playing.

My audio software has an option setting to do that but I can't find anything like that in Premier Elements 14 (2020).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set a timeline marker and then return to that marker with a "CTRL+Left" from the default keyboard shortcuts list.  You might add a shortcut for setting a marker.  I tried the up arrow because it is next to the left arrow on my keyboard.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Bill,

What I was hoping for was to be able to stop playing the file and have the playhead return to the position from which it started the way the audio editing programs like Sound Forge and the DAWs do. There is an option to either stop where ever the playhead is when you stop playing the file or to have it return to where you started.

I find it frustrating and time consuming to have to manually go back and find the spot where I started playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines