• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ripple with Pan & Zoom tool in PE 2018

Participant ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the Pan & Zoom tool on a clip (in PE 2018), it affects/moves/ripples nearby clips in the same track and clips in adjacent tracks. Is it possible to suppress this behavior so that P&Z applied to a clip does not affect any other clips in my project?

Here's another, related question:  Can I achieve the same Pan& Zoom tool effects by animating Position, Scale and Scale Width keyframes?

TOPICS
Feature request , Tips and tricks , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to answer my own question, and ask a new one. 🙂

I can animate Position and Scale key frames and achieve the same thing that the Pan & Zoom tool does.

My new question:  I want to scale a photo down to, say 25%. At 25%, I'd like to use key frames to Pan & Zoom all while at that 25% scale.  Is this possible?  If so, how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course you can animate the video's position without changing its scale, if that's what you're asking. Otherwise, I don't know how you can animated pan and zoom without changing the zoom/scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, I've made numerous attempts at this, and don't think it's possible in PE 2018.  I think you nailed it with "I don't know how you can animated pan and zoom without changing the zoom/scale".  Here's another way of saying what I'm trying to do:  scale a clip down to a certain size, less than 100%, and then pan & zoom within that resized clip.

So I have abandoned that idea and instead am just doing small amounts of animation of scale and position.  Not the effect I originally wanted, but it works well enough.

Steve, thanks for your help.  Have also watched some of your videos on YT for my continued learning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure I understand what you want.  Would you try scaling to what you want and outputting an "intermediate" clip.  Then put that new clip back in the project for the Pan and Zoom.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines