• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotate clip 90 degrees from start to finish

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched the forum but can't find this specific solution.  I want to take short clip and rotate it over the length of the clip so that at time 0 the clip is 0 degrees and at finish time, the clip has gone though a 90 deg rotation to the left.  Does anyone know how this can be done?  What I have is a phone video that started out portrait and then partway through turned landscape.  I want to actually rotate the video to make it turn on screen so that it ends up in portrait.  I have no problem doing a rotate of the part that's horizontal after the phone rotate so it appears normal, it's the transition I want to "undo".  Not sure if that makes sense to anyone.  Kind of hard to explain.

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I guess I should have tried harder.  I figured it out through the Motion effect, with a key frame at the beginning at 0 deg and one at the end of -90.  Worked perfectly.  However, I now want to do a zoom as it rotates to end up with a full screen when the video is fully rotated.  I'll keep looking but so far nothing.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what we'd have recommended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  Any ideas on the zoom part?  I did a simple roll out transition instead of the zoom but I'd like to be able to do the zoom if it's possible.  I've tried just zooming from the end of the rotate but no luck with that.  Despite making the start frame small and the end frame full screen, the zoom doesn't work.  The video shows as portrait in the edit window for the zoom effect and I can't make end frame wider than the portrait so it doesn't zoom.  Sorry, I know that's not a very good explanation but I can't think of another way to decribe it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines