• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Samsung Galaxy S8 and Premiere Elements 10

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot video with my Galaxy s8 and imported the footage into Premiere Elements 10. The results were substandard. The video quality was poor and there was a lot of flickering going on.  The file I imported was an MP4.  Would a different file format be any better?  Any suggestion as to why I'm experiencing such poor quality?  The video are excellent when display by any other method than Premiere Elements.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inside an MP4 file can be lots of things. 

To answer your question, it will have to start with more understanding. 

-  Premiere Elements 10 is old by computer standards.  I think I remember that you have to create project settings by manually.

-  I've had an S5 and now an S10.  Both can shoot 4K video and I don't remember PE 10 being able to do that.  What have you set for the phone's video settings. 

-  What you see when you are editing are by necessity real time previews that facilitate the editing process.  Depending on the computer and the type of video files the previews may have to be of lower visual quality than the finished product.  It you output an edited video, what does it look like?

Based on what you are doing, there will probably be more questions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open one of your MP4s in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the report it generates and paste it to this forum. We'll better be able to advise you once we see that that video file is composed of.

And remember, as Bill indicates, new video formats are being created all the time. Many video formats in common usage today (particularly phone footage) wasn't even dreamed of when Premiere Elements was released 8 years ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines