• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SD Memory card to playback 4K

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I published a 6gb 4K movie, using XAVC, MP4, 3820x2160, , 29.97 frames per second.   The final file properties says 32.3Mbps.   I plan to play it through the USB port on my 4K Sony UHDTV.  What minimum speed and class of memory card should I use that's fast enough but not more than required since I don't want to pay for what I don't need?  Should write speed be a consideration only because I don't want it to take forever to transfer the file to it from my computer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it more convenient to use a USB Flash Drive to play 4K video on a 4K TV.  

I don't know how to establish a minimum speed for TV play back.  But since most cameras that shoot 4K seem to need U3 cards, I think that would be a good choice. 

There are many, but for travel I have several of these and they have worked well without any issues at all.  They are not expensive either.

SanDisk 32GB Extreme UHS-I SDHC Memory Card at $17

The link:  B&H Photo Video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I decided to use the same card that the camera requires for recording 4K since I tried it on the TV and it worked.  Its a little more pricey at $23 but at 32mb, I can put a number of "shows" on it.  SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB SDHC UHS-I Card (SDSDXXG-032G-GN4IN).  (updated model)  I figure also that I'll be archiving the Premiere files on it as well and want to have what appears to be a reliable card that won't lose data years from now.  I'm going to use a second card to back it all up twice.  San Disk states:

• Read speeds of up to 95MB/s; write speeds of up to 90MB/s 
  • UHS speed Class 3 (U3) and video speed Class 30 (V30) for 4K UHD video 
  • Shock-proof, temperature-proof, waterproof, and x-ray-proof 
  • Lifetime limited Warranty 

I'm using an old card reader with an 8" USB 2.0 cable to connect to the SS high speed port of the Sony TV.  Seems to work fine as there are no blips, stops, halts, or slow- downs.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Memory cards are not meant for archiving.

Use flash drive to play your movies on tv and

external hdd or sdd for archiving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines